Wednesday 23 February 2011

Tyler: 5 Gum - Pulse

PULSE, (or lush) the first 5 gum I ever had. 5 had been around for a while and there was a little bit of a fuss over it. Personally, I really didn't see the big deal about it. It's just gum, right?



WRONG. It's AMAZING. I hardly ever had gum before this, mainly because I wasn't allowed it but this pretty much got me addicted to gum. This was not only my first 5 gum, but my first fruit flavoured one. Usually the standard flavours you  get are Peppermint and Spearmint and the flavours didn't last for more than 5 minutes. This lasted forever. 


Enough of me just rambling on about my gum experience, let me describe the taste and the 'experience'.


The packaging looks like just the one above, black, slick and shiny. Except it is covered with a disposable piece of plastic, listing ingredients and such. As soon as you unwrap the plastic, the gum promises to be awesome, a strong tropical aroma burst out from underneath the plastic. I opened the tab at the back of the gum to reveal 12 pieces of shiny, well covered sticks of gum, all imprinted with the '5' logo, the gum itself has a yellow banana type colour. But did they put as much effort into the gum itself as they did with the packaging?


They did. I know this is over used and clichéd, but it was literally a burst of flavour, one of the most concentrated and crisp sensations I've tasted. Like all 5 gum, it is sugarfree which seems to make it last longer. At first, the gum was a little hard and rough (which was a really interesting texture) but eventually started to soften as the crisp intense flavour started to weaken and unlike most gum, didn't harden back up again.


The flavour on average can last up to 2 hours, probably one of the longest lasting flavours from 5 gum. Overall, this is and always has been my favourite 5 gum that's available in Australia, this opinion may be a little biased considering this was my first flavour I tried.


I would recommend Pulse but maybe it's not to everyone, especially those not accustomed to the fruit flavours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment